Inter RAO's Science and Technology Council (STC) is a permanent expert body that provides scientific, methodological, informational and analytical support to Inter RAO Group.
STC's key objectives include:
- Providing Inter RAO with informational and analytical support on energy industry development, innovative energy technologies, energy saving, and improving the efficiency of energy generation and consumption
- Providing expert support for implementation of Inter RAO's science, technology and innovation policies
- Providing Inter RAO Group with scientific and methodological support across a broad range of science, technology and innovation issues
STC provides expert and analytical support via its specialized sections. The following sections are currently in place:
- Innovative Energy Technologies and Scientific Forecasting in the Energy Sector (chairman – Sergey Filippov, associate member of the Russian Academy of Sciences)
- Efficient Power Generation and Environmental Issues (chairman – Gurgen Olkhovsky, associate member of the Russian Academy of Sciences)
- Reliable and Safe Operation of Power Generation Facilities (chairman – Nikolay Voropay, associate member of the Russian Academy of Sciences)
Special Expert groups within the S&T Council can be set up to carry out expert examination of a particular project or deal with a specific issue.
S&T Council is composed of the leading researchers and energy industry professionals from Inter RAO and third-party organizations.
Inter RAO's Science and Technology Council (STC) is headed by its Chairman
The Science and Technology Council includes the following members:
- STC Chairman — Academician Favorsky Oleg Nikolaevich
- STC Vice Chairman — Boris Reutov, Advisor to the Chairman of the Board of JSC Inter RAO, General Director of JSC “VTI” (Thermal Engineering Institute)
- STC Vice Chairman — Pavel Okley, Member of the Inter RAO Executive Team, Head of Operations
- STC Vice Chairman — Yuri Sharov, Member of the Inter RAO Executive Team, Head of Engineering
- Council Member —Sergey Filippov, director of the Energy Research Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Council Member — Gurgen Olkhovsky, President of JSC “VTI”
- Council Member — Nikolay Voropay, director of the Energy System Institute named after L.A. Melentiev, the Siberian Division of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Council Member —Nikolay Rogalev, professor, Chancellor of the Moscow Power Engineering Institute
- S&T Council’s Coordinator — Lyudmila Orletskaya, Senior Specialist, “Energy without Borders” Foundation