Inter RAO's Science and Technology Council (STC) is a permanent expert body that provides scientific, methodological, informational and analytical support to Inter RAO Group.
S&T Council's key objectives:
- To provide Inter RAO with informational and analytical support on the energy sector development, innovative energy technologies, energy saving best practices, and methods of improving the efficiency of power generation and consumption;
- To provide expert support for implementation of Inter RAO's science, technology and innovation policies
- To provide Inter RAO Group with scientific and methodological support across a broad range of science, technology and innovation issues
S&T Council provides expert and analytical support via its specialized sections. The following sections are currently in place:
- Innovative Energy Technologies and Scientific Forecasting in the Energy Sector (chairman – academician Sergey Filippov)
- Efficient Power Generation and Environmental Issues (chairman – Gurgen Olkhovsky, associate member of the Russian Academy of Sciences)
- Reliable and Safe Operation of Power Generation Facilities (chairman – Nikolay Voropay, associate member of the Russian Academy of Sciences).
Special Expert groups within the S&T Council can be set up to carry out expert examination of a particular project or deal with a specific issue.
S&T Council is composed of the leading researchers and energy industry professionals from Inter RAO and third party organizations. Inter RAO's Science and Technology Council is headed by its Chairman.
The members of the Inter RAO’s Science and Technology Council are:
- STC Chairman — Academician Favorsky Oleg Nikolaevich
- STC Vice Chairman — Boris Reutov, Senior Vice President of JSC “VTI” (Thermal Engineering Institute)
- STC Vice Chairman — Pavel Okley, Member of the Inter RAO Executive Team, Head of Operations
- STC Vice Chairman — Yuri Sharov, Member of the Inter RAO Executive Team, Head of Engineering
- Council Member - Academician Sergey Filippov, director of the Energy Research Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Council Member — Gurgen Olkhovsky, associate member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, President of JSC “VTI”,
- Council Member — Nikolay Voropay, associate member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Research Director of the Energy System Institute named after L.A. Melentiev, the Siberian Division of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Council Member — Nikolay Rogalev, professor, Chancellor of the National Research University “Moscow Power Engineering Institute”
- Lyudmila Orletskaya – S&T Council’s Coordinator